May 27, 2016

Guilty? Grossest Beauty Habits


Hello and Happy Friday Ladies! Two days ago I read an article on Cosmopolitan about the grossest beauty things every woman does and I would like to share some of them to you which I think most of us plead guilty to. I know this is not one of those articles that would help improve a skill or inspire but I believe it would raise awareness for us that the list below is unacceptable and we shouldn’t have to overlook and tolerate it as a habit.


1.  Popping Pimples – first on the list, and I plead guilty! I just couldn’t resist, especially if it becomes the center of attention in my face. I have to pop it, though my mom would insist that I leave it alone when I whine so much about it. In the end, regretting it because it leaves a wound in my face.

2. Not washing make up brushes as often – according to Elle we should do it every two weeks. A recipe for breakouts is not washing brushes and sponges, so if you wonder why you have breakouts, it might be because you haven’t washed your brushes that often.


3. Not throwing out mascara – admit it, some of your mascaras are two years old. To avoid getting eye infection experts says we need to toss it out every three months. Blah! I’m not that rich to change mascara every 3 months, I say 6 – 8 months will do, agree?

4.  Removing chipped manicures by yourself – when bored (petiks) in the office or just watching a not-so -interesting TV show I do this, leaving a pile of nailpolish pieces on the table, not very chic.

5.  Squeezing nose to do extractions – not a pretty sight if we are caught doing this, it also leave an evidence (a very red nose) when we do it.  If a see a bunch of nasty whiteheads on my nose I try to extract it using a tissue. I’m not a pore strip girl; I rely on my microdermabrasion set to remove these every week.

6. Plucking a hair using your finger nails – that’s why I carry a tweezer in my bag always, but sometimes when I look in the mirror and I see a misplaced eyebrow, I do this.

There are other habits on the Cosmo list, I just included the ones I’m guilty with. I know 6 out of 14 is not an ideal number, but I will try to be mindful of them and avoid it.  How about you do you plead also on the list above? Try to ditch these habits and enjoy the weekend loves!

xoxo,
Clyde

No comments:

Post a Comment